Color psychology and social media marketing
Colors are used to express feelings and emotions. Furthermore, they help determine an emotional state or feelings about certain things. They are used to convey information about an object or a person.
Branding communication and strategy through colors
The color of a brand is a very important factor in how people perceive it, especially when it comes to purchasing products or services. It's additionally about the color of the content, which in turn affects how people recognize it.
Consumers make subconscious decisions about a product within a few seconds or minutes and colors have an important role in that.
Ø 2 out of 3 shoppers won't buy a large appliance if it is not their desired color.
If a company has many of them, then it's important to know what they mean. Which is their desired audience? What do they have in common? For example, if a business is selling women's clothing and accessories, then it should be able to tell the customer exactly what they're looking to buy (consumers are divided depending on their color interests and the way they perceive beauty).
Social media allows more people to engage with their desired posts, "like" them according to their interests or their needs. So this is an interesting way to discover the pulse of the people. For big companies it is like a live poll to discover new trends and decide their new collection.
The primary goal is to promote a product through the posts which are part of the ads from the core collection campaign. Colors play an important role here as the background of the product, by recreating specific emotions, sending precise vibes and capturing the attention of the consumer.
Many different products of a specific collection, have different colors. Refreshments, chocolates and even cosmetics or fashion industry, are adopting different colors on their products to guide the consumer according to their need and help him pick easier the desired one.
It is a way to inspire him and also be connected with him.
Ø Research indicates that the product assessment takes 90 sec. A color impression is responsible for 60% of the approval or refusal of a product and 80% of brand acceptance.
It has become tougher to succeed in these consumers and take their attention to the marketing campaigns. That is the situation today's marketers are confronting with their varied consumer habits and prospects.
That’s why the color of a product can influence people's emotions and behavior. More specifically, a logo can affect how someone feels about himself and others. A recognized color that evokes emotion will attract customers and increase sales.
Many different types of colors can be used in advertising. They all have their meanings and purposes, but most of them are very specific.
- Red is associated with love, affection, and friendliness. This color is also associated with excitement or joy by multiplying the heart rate and generating urgency. It is most used in transport and food companies.
- Οrange is associated with joy, friendliness, cheerfulness and happiness. When people see orange, they feel happy and cheerful. Applied as a call to action, to sell, buy or subscribe, healthcare and technology.
- Υellow is associated with hope, optimism and confidence. When people see yellow, they feel happy and cheerful. Adopted to catch attention, in food companies, energy and household.
- Green is associated with health, vitality and happiness. When people see green, they feel positive and relaxed. Utilized in health-based stores, technology and entertainment, finance, relaxation, spas and energy.
- Blue is associated with tranquility. It is a symbol of calm, harmony and peace. When people observe blue, they feel relaxed and peaceful, much easier to trust and feel secured. Banks and businesses use it to promote trust. Most used color in today's websites and branding.
- Purple is a symbol of happiness because it makes you feel good about yourself. It also encourages someone to feel more confident when communicating with someone. Found in anti-aging and beauty products.
- White/silver associated with coolness or cleanliness in advertising, used in clothing, cards and charities.
- Ultimately, black is the most popular choice to market luxury products used in the car industry, technology, clothing and household.
Overall, triggering specific emotions can increase conversion rates and sales. Using also emoticons on a text, increases the engagement and your advertisement appears more attractive. Call to action button colors, bring an increased 6.5 %, add to cart rate. In practice, red, orange and green are the most suitable colors for conversions.
Finally, some companies have chosen to use dark colors, while others have chosen bright ones. Moreover, others are using red, green, or blue ones.
There is no guide for success, it all depends on the kind of message required to be delivered.
8 τρόποι να βελτιώσετε την απόδοση των διαφημίσεων στο Instagram.
To Instagram δοκιμάζει μία νέα επιλογή ανακατάταξης της εμφάνισης των posts στο προφίλ.
Facebook and Instagram outage for a few hours? Which businesses were affected and how?
Consumer types in fashion
ENERGY AVENUE and ON OFF SOCIAL MEDIA enter a successful strategic partnership.
Social Media Marketing stories you can use as an example.
The impact of e-Commerce and website on Digital Advertising.
TG Ways GIANNIKAKIS - Rebranding as a new fresh start.
Let's talk about TikTok. How to promote your business from TikTok.
Color psychology and social media marketing
The Power of Video Marketing
Facebook Ad Account gets hacked? 5 easy steps and 8 Tips to be always safe and sound.
Ways to find the best hashtags for your brand
Social Media Marketing & Covid-19